// // //

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Caught the 'Cuttle' Bug?

These are two cards I made using my Cuttlebug and some retired SU papers. I am still trying to use up some of the discontinued stuff so bare with me! Materials: ONE: Cuttlebug Embossing folder Swiss Dots & Flourishes (I was unable to find the Flourish folder online so it might be discontinued) SU: Certainly Celery & So Saffron Certainly Celery Ribbon SU Punches: label punch, scallop punch, 1 3/8 circle, 1 1/4 circle, 3/4 circle SU brads Close to my Heart Picture hanger. TWO: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Stylized Flowers & Swiss Dots SU Embrace Life stamp scallop punch & 1 3/8 and 1 1/4 circle punch To achieve this effect you run 1/2 the folded card (front only) thru the 'bug' about 2" in, then turn the card and run the bottom 1/2 about 2" in. I then took my stylus and scored right under the embossed top and bottom two to three times. I then embossed the envelope flaps to match their respective cards. It was just a new and fun way to use your embossing folders and who knows, maybe at the same time use some of that 'discontinued' paper! Of course new paper is good too! By the way the all white card (I generally stay away from all white) is a sympathy card. The inside reads: Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass, of glory in the flower, we will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind. (William Wordsworth) I also put crystal effects on the little pink flowers and a 3/4" circle of the leftover flower on the inside! These are featured at My Etsy Store. Thanks for stopping by and come back soon. Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'

1 comment:

Diane Noble said...

OMG! Nancy, these are absolutely GORGEOUS! WHAT AWONDERFUL IDEA to do two different embossing designs and then the scoring to set them off was over the top, not to mention embossing the envelope. STUNNING! Thanks for sharing!