// // //

Friday, November 21, 2008

More Creative Cans

Taking a tall beer can (or beverage can) I cut these two Stampin' Up dies from one can, Top Note & Scallop Circle. Then I ran them thru the Big Shot using Cuttlebug embossing folders. Haven't made a card from them yet but I will. I just wanted to see how they would look embossed. They are not sharp after cutting with the Big Shot. It tends to put a tiny edge on them. You could use alcohol inks on them, stamp with Stazon. I just wanted to try embossing them. It is on some message boards that cutting soda cans with your SU punches will sharpen them so why not the dies as well. I did use my Fiskars rotary cutter to trim off the ragged edges. I cut the top and bottom out using Pampered Chef Kitchen Shears. It is relatively easy to cut. They adhere to the paper using ATG adhesive gun. It is quite sticky! Just another fun recycle craft project. I will share the finished cards when they are done! Thanks for stopping by. Until next time, Happy Stampin' & Scrappin' Nancy

No comments: