// // //

Friday, January 29, 2010

Coca-Cola Can Card

This is one of the best reasons to love your Big Shot! It cuts CANS -- I told a friend I didn't drink canned drinks but I wanted to cut some snowflakes. Well lo and behold she saves me a bag full of cans and at the same time a co-worked saved me a bag full. So now I have cans, cans, cans! I ordered the Black Groom DSP wrong for a customer so I need to make things using the black. Thus the black mat. Well I liked the idea of the black mat so I came up with using the lattice Big Shot die. Then naturally green leaves came to mind 'growing' on the lattice work. After I cut the lattice I noticed all the 'petals' as left-overs so I decided to make flowers out of the petals and also put one as a bud! To top all this off, yesterday I dropped my Pretties Kit. And if you ever thought you didn't get many embellishments, just drop the kit and then try to pick it all up and sort it again to put it back in the box! There's LOTS of embellishments so I figured ah, little 1/2 pearls as the flower centers. Last but not least I had 12 inches of black satin ribbon left from a full roll after my Stamp A Stack on Sunday and 'just enough' to accent the front of this unusual card... Don't you just love it when a 'mish-mash' of ingredients come together so nicely. BTW the card stock base is Rose Red and the sentiment is from Bella Blooms which is FREE as a Sale-A-brations set. Until next time! Happy Stampin' & Scrappin'

1 comment:

Charity Lawson said...

Nancy,

I love it! One of my new favorite things to cut with the big shot is soda cans. I did some beautiful butterflies using a can. Great card!

Charity Lawson, www.stampinfrog.blogspot.com